JAMB Change Of Institution 2018: A Step-by-Step Guide

The JAMB change of course and institution portal has been opened. This JAMB change of institution portal is meant to enable candidates effect any changes in their earlier selected course and/or institution. Here is how JAMB official website put it:

This is to inform all the candidates who made mistakes while filling their forms during the 2018 UTME Registration that they can now make corrections for the following categories:

  • Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • UTME Subjects Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done more than once with separate payments)

Please note that these JAMB change of institution form, whether for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin, and so on, will cost you to part with ₦2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only).

Guide On Jamb Change Of Institution & Course / Data Correction

See the steps to effect any of the changes above outlined below:

  • Click on this JAMB portal link:
  • Input your Email and Password
  • Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data’ from the list of services on the left side
  • From the drop-down, select which you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin
  • Then proceed to payment
  • After payment, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process.

The JAMB change of institution closing date is not known for now but the window for correction of data on JAMB portal is still open.

Reasons Candidates Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution/Course

There are THREE basic reasons why candidates change their JAMB choice of course or institution or both:

Registration Mistakes

For those who may have made a mistake while filling their registration form, they now have the opportunity to correct any errors made during registration of their course or institution.

Low JAMB Score

Once JAMB results are released, and you for instance applied to the University of Lagos who would most likely fix their cut-off mark at 200 and above; and then you scored less than 200, it simply means you’ve lost a chance of being admitted into UNILAG. If this is your case, then the change of institution to a State/private University becomes necessary since they generally put their cut-off marks below 200.

Incomplete O’Level Results

Candidates who may have a deficiency of required credit passes in some key subjects may decide to go for a change of course to accommodate themselves.

Other Challenges

I know I said three, but there are several factors ranging from finance, change in geographical locations, parent’s suggestions, fear of tribal differences, and so forth, that could make you apply for a change of institution.

Please note that you can apply for the JAMB change of subject and institution just once and it MUST be to a course relating to your UTME Subject combination. To know if the course you want to change to aligns with your UTME subject combination, visit online JAMB brochure.

Most Recommended Links:

Written by Editorial Staff

Editorial Staff at Green Post is a team of blogger experts led by Greg Afamah. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *