Do you know the MTN plan you are subscribed to? No wonder you ended up on the wrong tariff plan. It’s never too late anyway. I’ll be using this article to share with you the best MTN Tariff Plans And Migration Codes that are available in 2019.
I’ll be showing you how to migrate to MTN BetaTalk, how to migrate to MTN Pulse, how to migrate to MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid, how to migrate to mPulse and more.
What prepaid MTN call tariff plan is actually suitable for me to call families and friends on the MTN network without spending too much?
That’s a question I used to ask myself too.
My friends, family and I used to feel we were wasting money on MTN airtime.
I even felt this was broad day robbery by MTN and dropped them for another network.
But now that I know that wasn’t the case, you should too.
MTN has a lot of tariff plans, I’ve however picked only the best for you.
Some of the MTN call tariffs are aimed specifically at those who make international calls often.
Before you change your MTN call tariff plan, you might want to know what your current tariff plan is. Here’s how to check the MTN tariff plan in Nigeria.
How To Check MTN Tariff Plan
Here’s the USSD code you can use to check the MTN prepaid call tariff plan currently active on your SIM card.
Dial *123*1*2# or
Dial *123#, choose 1, then select 2 to see your current MTN tariff plan.
Below are MTN tariff plans and migration codes at a glance.
MTN Tariff Plans And Migration Codes
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
*408# and select 1
MTN Pulse Tariff Plan
Formally MTN iPulse prepaid tariff now re-launched as the MTN Pulse plan and charges 11 Kobo per second, that is after you’ve spent 25k per second for the first 50 seconds. So you are practically charged ₦6.6ok per minute.
In a nutshell, here’s what you stand to gain and not gain on the MTN Pulse tariff plan.
- 11k/second to all MTN numbers
- 11k/second to ALL network
- Stream music+ for ₦10 per day
- This plan also allows you subscribe to MTN night data plan (₦25 for 125MB Pulse Nightlife bundle and N50 at 250MB for a day)
- Data bonus on recharge
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle. In short, it’s the only plan that gives 1 GB weekly subscription for just ₦500
- ₦100 / ₦200 recharge gets you a bonus of 10MB / 20MB which is valid 24hours
- You are charged high for the first 50 seconds.
- Your first 50 seconds would be charged at 25 kobo/ secs before the rest charges will be at 11k/secs.
How To Migrate To MTN Pulse Tariff Plan
To migrate to MTN Pulse Tariff plan simply dial *406*1# or *123*2*2# or text 406 to 131
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN Pulse?
With ₦100 recharge card, you’ll get about 14 minutes.
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Tariff Plan
If you do not like the daily access fee associated with MTN Pulse tariff plans, then MTN XtraSpecial is for you. This new Tariff plan charges you 15k/Sec, that is ₦9/Min, on a flat rate basis to all networks without a daily access fee.
- No daily access fee
- 15k/Sec(N9/Min) to all networks
- You get to call some selected international destination at the same rate above
- Benefit of 50% data bonus on every ₦2,000 monthly bundle purchased
Somehow, this plan has no known shortcomings. If you’ve experienced any you can let us know.
How To Migrate To MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Tariff Plan
To Migrate To MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Tariff Plan simply dial *408# and select 1 migrate OR text 408 to 131
How many minutes do I get with N100 airtime on MTN XtraSpecial?
With ₦100 recharge card, MTN XtraSpecial gives you a little over 11 minutes.
MTN BetaTalk Tariff Plan
If for any reason you don’t fancy MTN pulse, MTN Beta talk is another call plan you should look into. The plan gives you an opportunity to gain maximum awoof airtime and it’s also one of the oldest tariff plans on the MTN network. It is a cheap call tariff bundle that gives MTN prepaid subscribers quality airtime bonus.
- Free airtime bonus on every recharge made
- You get free 10MB upon ₦100 recharge. Unlike pulse’ 24 hours validity, Beta talk data bonus is valid for 7 days.
- Subscribers that recharge ₦100 and above get 250% airtime bonus
- While subscribers that recharge below ₦100 get 150% airtime bonus
- Validity of the airtime bonus is for 7 days and can be used to call ALL network
- They charge ₦25/minute (42k/seconds) from your main account
- Charge ₦27/minute (45k/sec) from the bonus account
- Main airtime balance starts counting once bonus airtime is completely exhausted
- The MTN beta talk call rate is currently pegged at 40 Kobo/Sec.
MTN Beta Talk Migration Code
To migrate to MTN BetaTalk Tariff plan simply dial *123*2*1# OR dial *123*2*6# OR text BT to 131 as SMS.
So with ₦100 recharge card, you get about 12 minutes and some seconds.
Note: You can’t transfer airtime on MTN beta talk.
MTN mPulse Tariff Plan
This is not the same thing as MTN Pulse. mPulse is a newly introduced tariff plan for kids and teenagers between the ages of 9 – 15 years. This prepaid tariff plan offers more data size for an affordable price.
- Great offers for Data browsing
- High charges for call
- N9/minute (15k/sec)
How to Migrate to MTN mPulse Tariff Plan
You can choose any of the three ways to activate this plan on your device:
- Dial *344*1# from a new or existing MTN SIM
- Send ‘mPulse’ to 131
- Download MyMTNApp, go to tariff plan and select mPulse
So with ₦100 recharge card, MTN mPulse gives you about 11 minutes.
MTN AWUF4U Plan
Do you want a plan that doubles or triples your airtime upon recharge? Then go for the MTN Awuf4u plan.
This tariff plan gets you 200% airtime bonus on every recharge below ₦100 and 300% airtime bonus on every recharge from ₦100 above when you recharge using a special USSD code or via VTU.
MTN AWUF4U Airtime Bonus Code
Simply recharge with *888*PIN# or use the VTU services to recharge airtime instantly, and your airtime will double or triple over – as the case may be.
So if you load ₦100, you get ₦400 in your Awuf4U account. Here is how it will appear in your account: ₦100 (recharge value) + ₦300 (bonus).
So with ₦100 recharge card, MTN Awuf4u gives you up to 14 minutes.
YafunYafun SIM Offer
If you are a new MTN customer you will enjoy the following benefits after registering and activating a new SIM and subscribing to this tariff plan:
- 700% bonus on every recharge of ₦100 and above.
- Plus free access to WhatsApp (valid for 3 days)
- Every N100 recharge gets you 700%
- Free WhatsApp for 3 days
- Airtime bonus can make calls and send SMS to ALL Local Networks in Nigeria
- Browse the internet on Pay As You GO rate with the airtime bonus
- You will get the 700% bonus on ALL your recharges for a period of 3 months.
- After 3 months, you’ll be automatically migrated to MTN BetaTalk Tariff plan
- You’d be billed 67k per sec (₦40/min)from the main account
- 75k/sec (₦45/min) from your bonus account
- Airtime bonus given only lasts for 7 days
How to Activate YafunYafun SIM Offer
To activate MTN Yafun plan, simply recharge from ₦100 airtime or more using the following code *555*digits PIN# and you will automatically receive a 700% bonus that will be credited in a dedicated account.
How to check MTN YafunYafun Balance
To check MTN YafunYafun bonus balance, dial *559*43#.
So, N100 airtime gets you ₦700/₦45 (15 mins 30 seconds from bonus account) + ₦100/₦40 (two mins 30 seconds from the main account) = 18 mins.
I have presented a variety of cheap MTN Tariff Plans and migration codes as well as their benefits and unique features, choosing your preferred MTN call plan with the best call rate ever is now up to you.
When choosing a plan, it is important you look out for the call rate, the bonus and the benefit(s) that comes with it.
With those criteria in mind, you can easily choose the MTN call package that is good for you.
Note: Migration is free to all MTN tariff plan. But if you’ve migrated to a new plan within the last 30 days, you’ll be charged ₦100.
If you find this article useful don’t hesitate to share with friends using the social sharing buttons below.
Most Recommended Links:
- Best Dating Sites In Nigeria: Only The Top Ones Listed
- Yemi Osinbajo Net Worth: The Complete Asset Detailed In FULL
- Transfer Code For Zenith Bank: How To Make Transactions With The Code
- List Of Nigerian Presidents: An Historical List From 1960 Till Date
- Best University In Nigeria For Pharmacy: See The Top 5
Disclaimer: We try to keep this MTN Tariff Plans And Migration Codes post up to date but you should know that prepaid plan charges could change at any time. Kindly endeavour to check or affirm that your preferred plan is exactly what it is before migrating.